CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, August 15, 2008

Dades Birthday Days

Today is Dade's first birthday and I can't really believe it. It doesn't seem like it has been a year. He has gotten too big really, and he is walking all the time now. I can remember just a couple months ago having bad dreams about Dade walking because that would mean that he is growing up. I know how silly that sounds, but I promise I am trying to enjoy everything now and not just worrying about whats to come.
We had a party for him last Saturday that we invited ward friends to. We had it at the apartment complex clubhouse since our apartment is so small. We had ~20 people come and really had a lot of fun. Here are some pictures including Dade's cake that I made. I found the recipe online and I think it turned out pretty well.

Above you see Dade's cake, and below is Dade with his cake. We couldn't light any candles, but we sang him Happy Birthday.

This is the craft table that we set up for the older kids. Everything was jungle themed, and they had pictures of lions, hippos, monkeys, etc. to color and decorate.
I have to say that without Sarah I don't think that the party would have turned out as well. She may not feel that she did much, but just having her there to turn to with questions calmed me down immeasurably.
Today was pretty laid back since Michael had the car at school all day. Mostly we just played with Dade's new toys. Here is his newest cute face that Grandma Donna taught him while she was visiting. She bought this fire engine for him that goes by itself when you push the driver. He is wearing his new PJs from Grandma April which are really cute.

When Michael got home around 5 we all went to dinner at Claim Jumpers. We got a chocolate cupcake to take home since I really didn't feel like making another cake. Here is Dade enjoying his birtday treat.




Thank you to everyone who sent us cards, and called to wish Dade a happy birthday. I'm positive that if he knew what was happening he would say thank you himself.

Love to you all.
Joy, Michael and Dade

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh no, I completely forgot to send you a muffin recipe, I'm sorry!! Though it looks like Dade had a lot of fun with that cupcake. =0) He's sure cute!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Dade (belated)! I can't believe you have a one-year-old! Awesome cake, by the way.