CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, August 15, 2008

Jetty Island

I usually don't take Dade to the Church playgroup because its during his morning nap. This week they went later so I got to join them on an adventure to Jetty Island. Jetty is a man made Island just off the coast of Everett (which is ~15 min North of Lynnwood). The beach is really sandy and the water is very shallow and warm. When we got there it was low tide and the water was really far away, as you can see here.
The sand out to the water was really mushy and hard to walk in. Also, there was seaweed all over farther out. Dade didn't really like the water too much because he couldn't walk very well in the mud, also the waves kept pushing him around. My friend Tammy took this picture of Dade and I.
After the other kids came down he had fun playing with them in shallower water, and then later he enjoyed playing in the sand. The return ferries were booked solid, but the playgroup had already gotten tickets home, or else we would have been stuck on the beach for 4 1/2 hours. As it was, we were there for ~3 hours and the kids were starting to melt down. Here is a picture of Hyrum and Dade playing together, and of Dade with his favorite beach toy-Notice how close the water is now, the tide came in really fast.

I covered Dade with sunscreen, but of course stupidly did not put any on myself. Suffice it to say, I am burned pretty bad. The back of my neck is the worst since my hair is so short. Michael was nice enough to go get me some Aloe Vera and it already feels better.
All-in-all it was a really fun trip, and I'll definitely try to go back this Summer with Michael. It's especially worth it since the ferry is free.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I got sunburned too! Except for a handprint shape on my leg where I wiped off the kid's sunscreen!!

Beth said...

Great to see a picture of you, since you're usually behind the camera. You have a beautiful family.